First, before I explain anything, here is the link to the story about Metro State Atheists published in The National Newspaper, an English language newspaper distributed in the United Arab Emirates. See also the general story about atheists in America. Our picture is on the latter story. My name is misspelled as Charmer Wren, rather than Chalmer Wren, in both articles.
I’m done explaining.
May 14, 2009 Posted by Metro State Atheists | atheism, god, Metro State Atheists, News, Newsletter, Press Release, religion | Agnostic, Agnosticism, America, atheism, Atheist, Atheists, Chalmer Wren, Fundamentalism, Joel Guttormson, Metro State Atheists, MSA, News, SSA, Student Secular Alliance, The National, THe National Newspaper, UAE, United Arab Emirates | 4 Comments
Metro State Atheists is an affiliate of The Center for Inquiry (CFI), Secular Student Alliance and American Atheists; Which are not-for-profit organizations uniting freethinking, skeptic, secularist, atheist/agnostic, and humanist students and student organizations.
Our purposes are:
- To encourage freedom from superstition, irrationalism, and dogma;
- To further the acceptance and application of science, reason, and critical thinking in all areas of human endeavor;
- Advancing the public understanding and appreciation of science;
- To challenge misrepresentations of non-religious convictions and lifestyles;
- To create a campus community for freethinkers and skeptics.;
- To counter all forms of religious political extremism;
- To defend religious freedom, promote freedom of thought and inquiry concerning religious beliefs, creeds, dogmas, tenets, rituals, and practices, and, to advocate, labor for, and promote in all lawful ways the complete and absolute separation of state and church;
- To defend individual freedoms and civil liberties for all persons, regardless of race, sex, gender, class, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and disability and Fighting racism, sexism, ethnocentrism, and heterosexism;
- To unite freethinkers, skeptics, and humanists and consolidate campus resources to engage in such social, educational, legal, and cultural activity as will be useful and beneficial to the members of Metro State Atheists and to society as a whole;
- Exposing pseudoscience;
- Investigating claims of the paranormal;
- Safeguarding the freedom of expression and opposing censorship;
- Defending academic freedom;
- Challenging academic fads and orthodoxy;
- Debating the philosophy of science, skepticism, and theism;
- Exploring secular and humanist ethics;
- To collect and disseminate information, data, and literature on all religions and promote a more thorough understanding of them, their origins, and their histories;
- To encourage the development and public acceptance of a humane ethical system stressing the mutual sympathy, understanding, and interdependence of all people and the corresponding responsibility of each individual in relation to society;
- To develop and propagate a social philosophy in which humankind is central and must itself be the source of strength, progress, and ideals for the well-being and happiness of humanity;
We are also a member of College Atheists of Colorado.
- громкие мелодии для телефона скачать energystas.com/gromkie-melodi… 5 months ago
- скачать темы на nokia 7230 energystas.com/skachat-temy-n… 5 months ago
- игры на русском android energystas.com/8473.html 5 months ago
- root android 3.2 1 energystas.com/p-16451.html 5 months ago
- карты для андроид гугл energystas.com/7584.html 5 months ago
Metro State Atheists Calendar
- AN ATHEIST’S GUIDE TO BECOMING RELIGIOUS
- The Historical Unreliability of Jesus: A Review of Robert VanVoorst's Jesus Outside The New Testament
- Are religious people schizophrenic?
- Thecla: Oracle, Prophet, Feminist Figure- Thecla and radical feminism in early Christianity
- Epicurus: The Problem of Evil
- One Nation Under a Spell: Christianity in America and Religion Around the World
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography and Gas Chromatography Coupling With Mass Spectrometry