Fight Amendment 48: Oct. 20th and 22nd . In the Tavern Space. This table is to educate people about Amendment 48 (Definition of a Person) and its consequences and to oppose the measure. 9am-4pm both days.
David Grinspoon: Alien Life: The Science and the Hype (Why Denver Doesn’t Need an ET Affairs Commission”. Oct 23rd at the North Classroom Atrium A-B (near the Café) from 3pm-5pm. This talk will be very interesting and quite informative.
Third (but no less important)- We have a new blog spot that is getting a lot of attention that all of you should check out, read and comment. We have many blogs, new and old that are sure to make you think, question and laugh. Click here to see the new blog (if that link doesn’t work, the URL is https://metrostateatheists.wordpress.com/)
Lastly- Chalmer submitted an article to the Campus Inquirer, a publication published and circulated by our affiliate The Center for Inquiry, about our guest speaker event featuring P.Z. Myers. When we receive more details about the publication we will pass that info on to you all!!!
October 4, 2008 - Posted by Metro State Atheists | Newsletter | Amendment 48, Atheist activism, Auraria Campus, Bill Maher, David Grinspoon, Denver Events, Metro State Atheists, Metropolitan State College of Denver, MSA, MSCD, Newsletter, October Newsletter, Religulous
No comments yet.
Metro State Atheists is an affiliate of The Center for Inquiry (CFI), Secular Student Alliance and American Atheists; Which are not-for-profit organizations uniting freethinking, skeptic, secularist, atheist/agnostic, and humanist students and student organizations.
Our purposes are:
- To encourage freedom from superstition, irrationalism, and dogma;
- To further the acceptance and application of science, reason, and critical thinking in all areas of human endeavor;
- Advancing the public understanding and appreciation of science;
- To challenge misrepresentations of non-religious convictions and lifestyles;
- To create a campus community for freethinkers and skeptics.;
- To counter all forms of religious political extremism;
- To defend religious freedom, promote freedom of thought and inquiry concerning religious beliefs, creeds, dogmas, tenets, rituals, and practices, and, to advocate, labor for, and promote in all lawful ways the complete and absolute separation of state and church;
- To defend individual freedoms and civil liberties for all persons, regardless of race, sex, gender, class, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and disability and Fighting racism, sexism, ethnocentrism, and heterosexism;
- To unite freethinkers, skeptics, and humanists and consolidate campus resources to engage in such social, educational, legal, and cultural activity as will be useful and beneficial to the members of Metro State Atheists and to society as a whole;
- Exposing pseudoscience;
- Investigating claims of the paranormal;
- Safeguarding the freedom of expression and opposing censorship;
- Defending academic freedom;
- Challenging academic fads and orthodoxy;
- Debating the philosophy of science, skepticism, and theism;
- Exploring secular and humanist ethics;
- To collect and disseminate information, data, and literature on all religions and promote a more thorough understanding of them, their origins, and their histories;
- To encourage the development and public acceptance of a humane ethical system stressing the mutual sympathy, understanding, and interdependence of all people and the corresponding responsibility of each individual in relation to society;
- To develop and propagate a social philosophy in which humankind is central and must itself be the source of strength, progress, and ideals for the well-being and happiness of humanity;
We are also a member of College Atheists of Colorado.
- громкие мелодии для телефона скачать energystas.com/gromkie-melodi… 1 year ago
- скачать темы на nokia 7230 energystas.com/skachat-temy-n… 1 year ago
- игры на русском android energystas.com/8473.html 1 year ago
- root android 3.2 1 energystas.com/p-16451.html 1 year ago
- карты для андроид гугл energystas.com/7584.html 1 year ago
Metro State Atheists Calendar