October 28, 2008 Posted by Metro State Atheists | atheism, Events, god, Lecture, Metro State Atheists, News, Newsletter | Bestseller, Book Signing, god, God: The Failed Hypothesis, How Science Shows That God Does Not Exist, Metro State Atheists, MSA, New York Times, New York Times Bestseller, November 10th, The Failed Hypothesis, Tivoli, Turnhalle, Victor J. Stenger, Victor Stenger | Leave a comment
So we had PZ Myers as a guest lecturer on September 12th. MSCD’s news program reported the event, so I wanted to share. Skip to minute 4:20, since thats when they start to talk about us. I can’t embed the video, so go to http://metreport.mscd.edu/ to see the video.
October 28, 2008 Posted by Metro State Atheists | Uncategorized | Auraria, Lecture, Metro State Atheists, Metropolitan State College of Denver, MSA, MSCD, Presentations, PZ Myers, PZ Myers On TV, religion, Science Education, The Met Report, TV | Leave a comment
Tom Flynn, editor of Free Inquiry, interviews Dr. Victor J. Stenger about the future of naturalism.
October 28, 2008 Posted by Metro State Atheists | Center For Inquiry, god, Interview, philosophy, Pseudoscience, religion, science | 1995, Author, Beliefs, Books, Center For Inquiry, Consciousness, Critical Thinking, Dr. Stenger, Educational, Electrons, Facts, Free Inquiry, Free Will, Future, Galaxy, god, God's Existence, God: The Failed Hypothesis, Light, Natural, Naturalism, Newton, Paranormal, Particle, philosophy, Photons, physics, Pseudoscience, Quantum, Quantum Healing, Quantum Mechanics, religion, science, Science And God, Supernatural, Supernaturalists, The Failed Hypothesis, The Secret, Tom Flynn, Unconscious Quantum, Universe, Victor J. Stenger, Victor Stenger, Wave, Wave Particle Duality, World War II, WW2, WWII | Leave a comment
Metro State Atheists is an affiliate of The Center for Inquiry (CFI), Secular Student Alliance and American Atheists; Which are not-for-profit organizations uniting freethinking, skeptic, secularist, atheist/agnostic, and humanist students and student organizations.
Our purposes are:
- To encourage freedom from superstition, irrationalism, and dogma;
- To further the acceptance and application of science, reason, and critical thinking in all areas of human endeavor;
- Advancing the public understanding and appreciation of science;
- To challenge misrepresentations of non-religious convictions and lifestyles;
- To create a campus community for freethinkers and skeptics.;
- To counter all forms of religious political extremism;
- To defend religious freedom, promote freedom of thought and inquiry concerning religious beliefs, creeds, dogmas, tenets, rituals, and practices, and, to advocate, labor for, and promote in all lawful ways the complete and absolute separation of state and church;
- To defend individual freedoms and civil liberties for all persons, regardless of race, sex, gender, class, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and disability and Fighting racism, sexism, ethnocentrism, and heterosexism;
- To unite freethinkers, skeptics, and humanists and consolidate campus resources to engage in such social, educational, legal, and cultural activity as will be useful and beneficial to the members of Metro State Atheists and to society as a whole;
- Exposing pseudoscience;
- Investigating claims of the paranormal;
- Safeguarding the freedom of expression and opposing censorship;
- Defending academic freedom;
- Challenging academic fads and orthodoxy;
- Debating the philosophy of science, skepticism, and theism;
- Exploring secular and humanist ethics;
- To collect and disseminate information, data, and literature on all religions and promote a more thorough understanding of them, their origins, and their histories;
- To encourage the development and public acceptance of a humane ethical system stressing the mutual sympathy, understanding, and interdependence of all people and the corresponding responsibility of each individual in relation to society;
- To develop and propagate a social philosophy in which humankind is central and must itself be the source of strength, progress, and ideals for the well-being and happiness of humanity;
We are also a member of College Atheists of Colorado.
- громкие мелодии для телефона скачать energystas.com/gromkie-melodi… 1 month ago
- скачать темы на nokia 7230 energystas.com/skachat-temy-n… 1 month ago
- игры на русском android energystas.com/8473.html 1 month ago
- root android 3.2 1 energystas.com/p-16451.html 1 month ago
- карты для андроид гугл energystas.com/7584.html 1 month ago
Metro State Atheists Calendar
- AN ATHEIST’S GUIDE TO BECOMING RELIGIOUS
- Should "In God We Trust" Remain On Our Money?
- The Historical Unreliability of Jesus: A Review of Robert VanVoorst's Jesus Outside The New Testament
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography and Gas Chromatography Coupling With Mass Spectrometry
- What Would that Carpenter Do?
- Recommended Books
- Thecla: Oracle, Prophet, Feminist Figure- Thecla and radical feminism in early Christianity
- Problem of Evil
- Epicurus: The Problem of Evil
- CFI Leadership Conference by Sara Diaz