I was tagged by the Splendid Elles
Can You Remember The Day That You Officially Became An Atheist?
I was born an atheist, naturally. I don’t recall when I began to believe in a god for the first time, but I became reacquainted with my natural atheism at about age 19.
Do you remember the day you officially became an agnostic?
I was an agnostic for about 3 months, until I became an atheists. Whether or not I’m an agnostic atheist or just an atheist depends on which god your talking about and how you define agnosticism.
How about the last time you spoke or prayed to God with actual thought that someone was listening?
Honestly, never. I always hoped someone was listening, but I never began to feel like I was talking to anyone but myself. I guess its not really fair to say I was ever a true believer. I wanted god to be real, but I could never actually convince myself. I prayed, went to church, read every piece of theology I could get my hands on. No matter what, though, the little voice in my head telling me “Its not real” never got any quieter.
Did anger towards God or religion help cause you to be an atheist or agnostic?
Nope, just pure philosophy. If I was ever angry at god for anything, it was for not existing. Besides, being angry about something doesn’t make it false. Even if I were anger at some religious group, they might still be right. Nothing about the nature of truth insists that it needs to be pleasant, it only needs to be fair.
Here is a good one: Were you agnostic towards ghosts, even after you became an atheist?
If by agnostic you mean that any investigation into their existence is inherently beyond human capacity, then yes. If by agnostic you mean the the evidence for and against the existence of ghosts is roughly equal, then no. I’m only agnostic to the inherently unknowable.
Do you want to be wrong?
– Chalmer (Now take the poll below)
October 17, 2008 Posted by Metro State Atheists | atheism, Blurb | Agnostic Atheism, Agnostic Atheist, Agnosticism, atheism, Atheism Survey, Atheist, Atheist Girls, Elles, Existence, Ghosts, god, Homo Economicus, Interent Memes, Intrinsically Knotted, Meme, Memes, Memetic Blogs, Memetic Tags, Mindcore, Natural Atheism, splendid elles, Survey, theology | Leave a comment
Metro State Atheists is an affiliate of The Center for Inquiry (CFI), Secular Student Alliance and American Atheists; Which are not-for-profit organizations uniting freethinking, skeptic, secularist, atheist/agnostic, and humanist students and student organizations.
Our purposes are:
- To encourage freedom from superstition, irrationalism, and dogma;
- To further the acceptance and application of science, reason, and critical thinking in all areas of human endeavor;
- Advancing the public understanding and appreciation of science;
- To challenge misrepresentations of non-religious convictions and lifestyles;
- To create a campus community for freethinkers and skeptics.;
- To counter all forms of religious political extremism;
- To defend religious freedom, promote freedom of thought and inquiry concerning religious beliefs, creeds, dogmas, tenets, rituals, and practices, and, to advocate, labor for, and promote in all lawful ways the complete and absolute separation of state and church;
- To defend individual freedoms and civil liberties for all persons, regardless of race, sex, gender, class, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and disability and Fighting racism, sexism, ethnocentrism, and heterosexism;
- To unite freethinkers, skeptics, and humanists and consolidate campus resources to engage in such social, educational, legal, and cultural activity as will be useful and beneficial to the members of Metro State Atheists and to society as a whole;
- Exposing pseudoscience;
- Investigating claims of the paranormal;
- Safeguarding the freedom of expression and opposing censorship;
- Defending academic freedom;
- Challenging academic fads and orthodoxy;
- Debating the philosophy of science, skepticism, and theism;
- Exploring secular and humanist ethics;
- To collect and disseminate information, data, and literature on all religions and promote a more thorough understanding of them, their origins, and their histories;
- To encourage the development and public acceptance of a humane ethical system stressing the mutual sympathy, understanding, and interdependence of all people and the corresponding responsibility of each individual in relation to society;
- To develop and propagate a social philosophy in which humankind is central and must itself be the source of strength, progress, and ideals for the well-being and happiness of humanity;
We are also a member of College Atheists of Colorado.
- громкие мелодии для телефона скачать energystas.com/gromkie-melodi… 2 years ago
- скачать темы на nokia 7230 energystas.com/skachat-temy-n… 2 years ago
- игры на русском android energystas.com/8473.html 2 years ago
- root android 3.2 1 energystas.com/p-16451.html 2 years ago
- карты для андроид гугл energystas.com/7584.html 2 years ago
Metro State Atheists Calendar
July 2016 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31